Zee Talkies presents Talkies Lighthouse Contest is a platform where you can share your story with the world.
You can participate in Zee Talkies Lighthouse Short Film Contest 2016 by following these simple steps given below. So, for what you’re waiting just pick up your phones/cameras and film your story.
Winning entries get a chance to be telecast on Zee Talkies.
Zee Talkies invites you to shoot your story and share it with us. We know that every story counts, and Zee Talkies will help you share yours with the rest of the world!
We, people of Maharashtra, all have stories happening around us, waiting to be captured and shared. We all have a story to tell.
Take a look around you. Shoot your typical day, a love story, an exciting trip with friends, or anything that catches your eye and needs a platform to be presented. Infact, you can be the hero of your own story or give someone else that golden chance! What’s more? We give you the liberty to make a film in a language of your choice.
Zee Talkies Lighthouse Short Film Contest Entry Process:
– Professional – For all the budding filmmakers who have previously made/been a part of a short film
– Open Category – For everyone with a passion for films & filmmaking
1. Pick up your phones/cameras
2. Look around you and select a location. It could be your house, your neighborhood, your office, college, friend’s house, streets, or any place you find a story.
3. Start telling us your story by shooting it.
4. Your story could be about your friends, family, neighbors, career, love or anything that you feel deserves to be told.
5. You can shoot a minimum of 30 seconds to a maximum of 30 minutes and make it a film
6. Save your video
7. Add required edit effects.
8. Log onto www.zeetalkies.com/Talkieslighthouse
9. Upload your short films/Your Story on the link given
And The Award Goes To…
– An esteemed panel of Jury will be selecting top contest winners
– Cash prizes worth lakhs of rupees and a chance to feature on Zee Talkies with your story, is up for grabs
1. Use any camera or phone, just try to get the highest quality video and sound you can manage.
2. Kindly ensure you shoot in Full HD – 1920 X 1080 or Half HD – 720 X 576
3. The format of your film should be in either .mp4 or .mov format
4. Time duration should not exceed 25 minutes (for both categories)
5. Make use of music that is either available on Zee Talkies website or any other royalty free music only.
6. If you are sending prerecorded film then it should have been shot/completed after January 01, 2013
7. There is NO Entry Fee for the contest.
Useful Tips For Shooting The Film
1. Storytelling – Think of your story. It could be a love story, story of your friends & family, your neighbors, your city.
2. Preparation – Take your phone/camera to shoot the video. Keep all your props to be used for shooting ready.
3. Lighting – Ensure you have proper lighting conditions. Avoid shooting in outdoors in bright light unless you wish for a special silhouette effect.
4. Music Effects – Get the best sound while you record. You could add music available onwww.zeetalkies.com or any royalty-free music.
How To Upload Your Video On YouTube:
From your Phone:
- Sign in to YouTube using your Gmail account.
- Tap on Account
- Tap the Upload icon
- Select your short film video.
- Provide the Title, Description to your video.
- Make the privacy settings – Unlisted.
- Tap the Upload icon
From your Computer:
- Sign into YouTube using your Gmail account.
- Click the Upload button at the top of the page.
- Before you start uploading the video you can select the Video privacy settings to –Unlisted.
- Select your short film.
5. Click Publish to finish uploading your video to YouTube.
For any further queries, write to us at [email protected]